Make a Difference with Us
Invididual & Small Group Volunteering
At Aspire there are volunteer opportunities to match anyone’s interest, and we support individual volunteers or small groups of volunteers. The rewards of volunteering at Aspire, Inc. are numerous and we would love to talk to you about the opportunities.
Potential Volunteering Opportunities (one time or repeat):
- Exploration Center - volunteers are needed to help people explore music, art, crafts, reading, theater, cooking, etc. Volunteers may conduct demonstrations, lead one on one or small group instruction, or simply assist someone as they work on a project.
- Health and Wellness - volunteers are needed to assist with team sports, recreation and leisure activities, and basic health and wellness activities like walking, play lawn games, go bowling, or shoot hoops.
- Residential - volunteers are a welcome sight to help people with activities such as writing letters or emails, reading the newspaper or a magazine, preparing a meal or baking some sweets. There are activities in the community that volunteers can help assist people to participate in.
- Education - a volunteer would work with our Education Coordinator and assist people in one to one instruction or small group instruction in a variety of classes such as computer skills, money skills, driver’s instruction (written), etc.
- Creative Expressions - volunteers are needed to support artists in their creative process. Volunteers would have an opportunity to teach an art class or one-on-one lessons, and help with the finishing of artwork.
- Aspire Foundation - volunteers are needed to support fundraising events that require volunteers from time to time.
- Events - volunteers are needed to support various events in and out of town like: SO Bowling tournaments, out of town trips, monthly movie nights, spring formal, etc.
Join a Board
Being a part of the Aspire Board of Directors or Aspire Foundation Board is not just about meetings; it's about giving back to your community. Board members are invited to be a part of events for employees and people supported, to talk with local legislators at our annual meet up, and advocate for participants to the general public.
Aspire Volunteering in Our Community
Our mission at Aspire is to create opportunities for people to be a part of their community and there is no better way to do that than to volunteer. Aspire has given numerous back to its community and built lifetime relationships along the way.
We take pride in our connections in the community and how we give back. If you have information about a community volunteer opportunity, please let us know.
Being a Part of the Community
People at Aspire give back by being involved in a variety of local clubs and events that are important to them.