Day Services Supervisor
The Day Services Supervisor is responsible to oversee the delivery of facility and community-based Day Services which are intended to assist Aspire participants to gain opportunities for meaningful life experiences in coordination with the participant’s personal goals and supports agreed upon by the service team.
All staff at Aspire may work with people who may be unpredictable, verbally and physically aggressive and self- abusive; exposed to mental and physical demands including back and muscle strain, stress, loud environments, and works in a variety of fast paced settings inside or outside the home/workplace and throughout the community.
Demands of the Job
- Coordinates with staff a calendar of activities both facility and community based (including volunteer activities) that build, maintain and/or improve relationships, skills, and independence.
- Coordinates the delivers of an exercise program as part of individual service plans.
- Oversees the operation of the main facility's food service program.
- Coordinates transportation between home and facility for those choosing to use Aspire transportation.
- Supervises DSP's, coordinating schedules to ensure best possible services
- Physical demands are as follows: sitting, standing, some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling (ie wheelchairs, transfers, moving groceries/supplies, etc), stooping, kneeling crouching, and significant finder dexterity.
- Ability to perform CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
Requirements for Employment
- Minimum of 2 years of college eduation in human services or closely related filed, OR
- Minumum of four years of experience in the human servie field OR
- Any combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong computer skills
- Fluency in oral and written English
Extensive training is provided to new employees to enable them to do the best work possible.