Dietary Coordinator Summary
Coordinates and delivers the meal service program for Aspires’ central kitchen. Ensures services are delivered in an efficient manner as determined by the service team, using an interdisciplinary approach.
Oversees the teaching of work skills and work behaviors to people supported by Aspire, Inc. Directs, coordinates, supervises, and monitors the assigned work area.
Physical Demands of the Job
- Kneel, squat, twist, crouch, crawl, bend, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Push or pull (groceries, supplies, etc.)
- Assist people that are not able to move on their own
(wheelchair to chair, floor to chair, chair to vehicle, etc.)
- Perform CPR
Requirements for Employment
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of dietary experience preferred. Combination of experience will be taken into consideration.
- Must successfully complete ServSafe Certification.
- Valid drivers license, ability to pass agency driver's training, and insurable under agency insurance policies.
- Must be able to follow a recipe, calculate measurements and follow diet orders.
Extensive training is provided to new employees to enable them to do the best work possible.
This position prepares meals on weekdays in accordance with approved menus and diet orders as well as completing the appropriate paperwork regarding food orders and meal counts.
This position also provides job specific orientation to people supported, provides ongoing training/staff development, and completes performance evaluations of people supported working in the Dietary Department.
Full Time Dietary Coordinator
40 men and women