Nursing Assistant Job Summary
The Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing and obtaining services to achieve a person best health of people supported in the most normal environment possible.
Employees should be prepared to work with individuals to reach their set goals and motivate them to be independent. It is important that employees can address challenges as they arise, recognize behaviors and handle them as outlined in their plan.
Physical Demands of the Job
- Kneel, squat, twist, crouch, crawl, bend, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Push or pull (wheelchairs, medications, supplies, etc.)
- Assist people that are not able to move on their own
(bed to wheelchair, wheelchair to chair, floor to chair, chair to vehicle, etc.)
- Climb stairs carrying things or assisting someone else
- Perform CPR
Requirements for Employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED
- Basic fluency in oral and written English.
- Must have valid drivers license.
Extensive training is provided to new employees to enable them to do the best work possible.
The individuals assisted vary in range of independence and so the level of assitance in making appointments, getting to and from appointments, relaying information etc. will vary. Employees will assist with personal cares and administering medications. Additional duties include providing transportation to and from appointments, including out of town appointments, picking up and distributing medications, order supplies, process paperwork for and after appointments, and document appointments.
Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm (Hours will vary with appointments and out of town travel.)
140+ men and women