A custodian performs all aspects of custodial work required by the location and ensures that all quality standards are met. They respond to requests made by others in the building as needed.
Physical Demands of the Job
- Kneel, squat, twist, crouch, crawl, bend, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Push or pull (wheelchairs, groceries, supplies, etc.)
- Assist people that are not able to move on their own
(bed to wheelchair, wheelchair to chair, floor to chair, chair to vehicle, etc.)
- Climb stairs carrying things or assisting someone else
- Perform CPR
Requirements for Employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED
- Basic fluency in oral and written English.
Extensive training is provided to new employees to enable them to do the best work possible.
Duties included but not limited to: dusting, vacuuming, window washing, collecting trash, mopping, buffing/stripping/waxing floors, cleaning carpets, bathroom cleaning and sanitizing, etc.
Part Time Custodian
3 hours per evening Mon-Fri (can be flexible with hours)
Office workers, DSP's and participants